Monday, August 15, 2011

Things don't always go as planned.

Today was my first day back to work and Jaxon's first day of daycare. I woke up early to get myself ready and then get Jaxon ready. Everything was running smoothly and we were in the car on our way at 7:00am. I knew I had plenty of time to drop him off and get myself to work. I was wrong!

I seem to have very bad luck when it comes to my car. I was driving down George Bush toll road when I ran over a large piece of rubber in the middle of the highway. I didn't see it in time to swerve around it and I ran right over it. I looked in my rear view mirror to see if the person behind me would run over it but I never saw it. It was stuck under my car. As I was driving I saw smoke and smelled the burning rubber as I was dragging it under my car. I was able to pull over near and exit and stop. In situations like this I always do one thing. I cry. I called Grant (no answer), called my parents house (no answer), and called my dad. He was already at work but wanted to help so he started driving to where I was stranded. I decided while I waited to call the emergency phone number on the back of my toll tag. This was a great idea! They sent someone to help me in less than 15 minutes. The nice man was able to get the rubber out from under my car (it had wrapped around my tire and was beating against my car). The rubber scratched my paint and loosened something around my tire. Not quite sure, I need Grant to look at it.

After my car was fine I rushed to get Jaxon to day care. As I walked in I could hear babies screaming. I walked into his classroom and realized that is where all the screaming was coming from. Out of 8 babies in his room, 4 were screaming and crying. Jaxon is not use to all that and just looked at them confused. I quickly dropped him off (feeling guilty for leaving him there) and rushed to my first day of staff development. I arrived about 20 minutes late. By this time I had cried most of the morning because of my car and having to drop Jaxon off at daycare. I looked like a mess!

My day did get better. I was done at work about 3:45 and left to go get Jaxon. When I got there he was playing by himself on the floor with a toy. His teacher told me he did great and was a very happy baby. He is the best baby!

I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day!

Here is Jaxon in the car ready to leave for his first day of daycare. Doesn't he look excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment